Blackened Red BFL 4ply yarn
- semi solid blackened red colourway
- 100% British Blue Faced Leicester wool
- approximately 400m / 100g per skein
- superwash treated
- perfect for garments
- hand dyed in our Yorkshire studio
3 in stock
- Hand dyed British wool yarn
- 100% superwash Blue Faced Leicester
- Approximately 100g / 400m per skein
This wool is made with fleece from UK flocks which was processed and spun in Yorkshire.
WHAT IS THIS YARN GOOD FOR?
Blackened red is a warm red which has been overdyed with black. It works well with other blackened colours for a subdued palette, and looks great with grey and black. Semi solid yarns have tonal variations giving interest to projects.
Hand dyed yarn varies between skeins and batches. Please ensure you buy enough yarn to complete your project and alternate between skeins for multi skein projects.
SWATCHES AND GAUGE
This yarn works well with many needle and hook sizes, so we've created a page filled with swatch and gauge information.
The wool in this yarn has been superwash treated so can be machine washed on a wool cycle at 30 degrees C. Please test a swatch in your machine before washing your finished work - machines and detergents vary and it's better to know this before throwing in something you've spent hours making. Hand washing is the best way to keep items looking good for as long as possible. Find out more about caring for hand dyed yarn.
NEED SOME HELP?
Please contact us
- for any questions about this yarn
- to find out when we'll have more stock of this colour
- to get help picking colours for a project